black business, business, ecuador, Ecuador expats, ecuadorians, entrenpeneur, entrepreneurship, esl, expats in Ecuador, female business, female business owners, new business, small business, tea, tea house, teahouse
For the past two years, I have been subscribing to Entrepreneur Magazine. I don’t see myself returning to school to earn a MBA, so I must educate myself about the business world in the business world. (And sad thing is that I haven’t read the past two months bc I’m super busy.) The magazine recently posted an article that caught my attention, “5 Ways to Boost Your Business in 2016.”
The first task was simple, “1. Set five top goals for 2016.” So I made the time to sit at my dining room table and seriously think about what I want to happen with my teahouse, Mama California, and my other businesses that I am starting (yes, I’m a serial entrepreneur). It was a very productive evening; it wasn’t salsa dancing nor was it singing karaoke, but to become a successful businesswoman, I’m putting my head down and working hard for 2 years (1.5 more to go) to build a strong foundation for my businesses.
Here are my goals for 2016 for Mama California Tea House:
- Spend one (1) hour a week planning long-term goals and focusing on business development.
- Improve my presentation of products (cupcakes, cakes, cocktails, teas, etc.)
- Properly advertise and understand marketing in Ecuador.
- Expand distribution of productions.
- Host successful events for the community of Ibarra (from English Club to First Friday Art).
My goals are not outrageous; they are practical and obtainable. I can’t wait to achieve them and grow as a woman and an entrepreneur.